Stanley Furniture Names Glenn Prillaman As Its COO
STANLEYTOWN, Va. (AP) ¿ Stanley Furniture Co. said Tuesday it named Glenn Prillaman as its president and chief operating officer.
Prillaman most recently served as executive vice president, marketing and sales. He is the son of chairman and CEO Albert Prillaman.
Last month, the furniture maker reported a wider loss in the second quarter as sales tumbled 28 percent. The company said its order rate had stabilized over the past few months amid signs that sales levels may have reached a bottom, but it doesn't yet see an indication of any sustained upturn.
Shares of Stanley Furniture touched a new 52-week high of $13 in morning trading, before settling back to $12.78.The broader stock market rallied after President Barack Obama nominated Ben Bernanke for another term as Federal Reserve chairman and reports showed a jump in home prices. The Dow Jones industrial average recently advanced 52.38 point, to 9561.66.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV