The numbers: Second-quarter net income dropped 8% to $158 million, or $1.35, as revenue decreased 13% to $1.9 billion. Its operating margin declined from 13% to 12%, but its net margin topped 8%. Sherwin-Williams has a weak liquidity position, with only $49 million of cash and low quick ratio of 0.5. However, its debt-to-equity ratio of 0.5 indicates restrained leverage.
The stock: Sherwin-Williams has increased 4% this year, less than major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a fair price-to-earnings ratio of 17 and offers a lackluster 2.3% dividend yield.
The model downgraded StatoilHydro (STO), the Norwegian oil and gas producer, to "hold."
The numbers: Second-quarter earnings plummeted 99% to $45 million, or 1 cent, as revenue dropped 49% to $17 billion. Its operating margin shrank from 36% to 23% and its net margin fell to less than 1%. A quick ratio of 0.7 reflects subpar liquidity, but a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.5 demonstrates a conservative capital structure.The stock: StatoilHydro has increased 37% this year, outpacing major U.S. indices. The stock trades at an expensive price-to-earnings ratio of 36 and offers a 3% dividend yield. The model upgraded TeleTech Holdings (TTEC), which provides customer service to other firms, to "buy." The numbers: Second-quarter net income decreased 21% to $16 million and earnings per share fell 11% to 25 cents, cushioned by a lower share count. Revenue dropped 16% to $302 million. Its operating margin rose from 9% to 10% and its net margin remained steady at 5%. TeleTech has an ideal financial position, evident in its high quick ratio of 1.9 and low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.1.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV