TheStreet.com Ratings provides exclusive stock, ETF and mutual fund recommendations using proprietary tools. Our "safety first" approach aims to reduce risk while achieving total return performance.
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- These companies have more than $500 million in annual revenue, below-average valuations and debt that's less than 49% of total capital. They have also earned "buy" ratings from our proprietary quantitative model, which considers more than 60 factors.
They're ordered by their potential to appreciate, starting with the company with the best growth prospects.
Church & Dwight (CHD) sells household products, including Arm & Hammer baking soda and Brillo pads.The numbers: Second-quarter net income increased 27% to $58 million and earnings per share climbed 23% to 88 cents, restrained by a higher share count. Revenue jumped 5% to $623 million. The operating margin widened from 14% to 16% and the net margin topped 9%. A quick ratio of 1.2 demonstrates ample liquidity and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.5 indicates conservative leverage. The stock: Church & Dwight is up 4% this year, underperforming major U.S. indices. The stock trades at an expensive price-to-earnings ratio of 20 and offers a dividend yield less than 1%. The company's record of consistent earnings growth regardless of economic conditions makes it an attractive stock. Village Super Market (VLGEA) operates a chain of ShopRite supermarkets. The numbers: Fiscal third-quarter net income increased 25% to $6.3 million, or 47 cents a share, as revenue increased 7% to $293 million. Same store sales, an important gauge of improvement, jumped more than 7%. The company has a modest $36 million debt load and over $47 million of cash, which works out to a quick ratio of 0.8 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.2.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV