World Poker Tour Production Firm Sells Assets
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ WPT Enterprises Inc., which produces the World Poker Tour television series, said Monday it has agreed to sell substantially all of the company's operating assets to Peerless Media Ltd.
Peerless will pay $12.3 million, minus certain obligations, according to the regulatory filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission announcing the deal. Peerless will pay $1 million up front and the remainder when the deal closes.
Peerless has agreed to pay WPT 5 percent of future gaming and other revenue from the use of WPT's brands. Peerless guaranteed that WPT will get at least $3 million during the three years following the close of the deal under the revenue-sharing agreement.
WPT said it will use the cash proceeds to develop or acquire a non-poker related business. WPT will retain some parts of its business, including all of its original cash and cash equivalents, investments in debt securities and other investment and litigation assets, some future foreign sponsorship revenue and other items.Shares of WPT closed down a penny at $1.05.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV