S&P Analyst Downgrades Consolidated Communications
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ An analyst with Standard & Poor's has downgraded the firm's ranking on telecommunications company Consolidated Communications Holdings Inc. because of a belief that the loss of phone-line customers will erode sales.
S&P analyst Todd Rosenbluth wrote in a research note Monday that the firm was downgrading Consolidated Communications Holdings' ranking to "Sell" from "Hold."
Rosenbluth wrote that he believes the Mattoon, Ill.-based company will benefit from its video and Internet offerings but that future losses of phone-line customers will hurt the company's revenue. He wrote that even though the company has enough cash to support paying a 10.8 percent dividend yield, he views the stock as overvalued.
On August 6 the company reported second-quarter earnings of $7.5 million, compared with $180,000 a year ago, as sales fell 4 percent to $102 million.The company's total local access lines fell to 254,593 as of June 30, a decrease of 22,200, or 8 percent, at the same time the year before. The shares rose 1 cent to $14.36 in afternoon trading. The stock has risen about 80 percent since a low of $7.90 in March.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV