AirMedia Shares Fall On Liquidity Concerns
The Associated Press
Shares of AirMedia Group Inc. fell Monday after an analyst raised concerns that the company may run out of cash in four to six quarters.
Susquehanna Financial Group analyst C. Ming Zhao said AirMedia is "burning cash at an accelerated pace." He said second-quarter cash outflow was $29 million ¿ $17 million from operations while $12 million came from capital expenditures and an acquisition. That leaves the company with net cash of $138 million, or $1.73 per share.
Unless the company can borrow money from banks or raise capital in the financial markets, AirMedia may be forced to give up contracts at major airports, he said in a research note.AirMedia operates digital TV screens that display ads in airports and airplanes. Executives for AirMedia could not be immediately reached for comment. The analyst downgraded the stock to "Negative" from "Neutral," with a price target of $4.50, implying downside of 37.8 percent from its closing price Friday. He believes AirMedia will continue to report quarterly losses until mid-2010. Zhao cut his 2009 revenue forecast by 6 percent to $152.1 million and his loss estimate was widened by a penny to a loss of 28 cents per share. But the analyst raised his 2010 forecast by 9 percent to $209.2 million, boosted by ad sales in its gas station network. He expects the company to lose 4 cents per share in 2010 instead of earning a 17-cents per share profit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV