Iteris Adopts Stockholder Rights Plan
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) ¿ Iteris Inc., which provides outdoor vision systems and sensors, said Friday it has adopted a stockholder rights plan, often called a "poison pill," which is generally used to protect a company from a hostile takeover bid.
Iteris said the plan calls for preferred stock purchase rights to be distributed as a dividend at the rate of one right for each share that stockholders own as of Sept. 3.
The company said the rights are not being adopted in response to any specific takeover threat.
Rather, Iteris said, they are in response to the difficult economy "and stock market valuations that we believe do not truly reflect the company's long-term potential," said CEO Abbas Mohaddes in a statement.Shares rose 2 cents to close at $1.27.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV