Sector Snap: Contract Electronics Makers Rise
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of contract electronics manufacturers rose Friday after a Citi Investment Research analyst said he was more positive on the industry and upgraded three leading names.
Shares of Flextronics International Ltd. rose 26 cents, or 4.6 percent, to $5.90 in morning trading. Jabil Circuit Inc. was up 66 cents, or 6.8 percent, to $10.32, while Celestica Inc. rose 43 cents, or 5.3 percent, to $8.59. Sanmina-SCI Corp. rose 23 cents, or 4.8 percent, to $5.03.
All four companies assemble electronics for other major technology companies, who sell the products under their brands.
"In our view, industry fundamentals have bottomed, and we see revenue growth and margin expansion over the next 24 months," Citi's Jim Suva wrote in a note late Thursday. Inventories in the supply chain have declined during the recession, and it's time to restock them, he said.He upgraded Flextronics and Jabil Circuit to "Buy" from "Hold" and Celestica to "Hold" from "Sell."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV