LOS ANGELES (TheStreet) -- Sure, you need a clunker to participate in the federal Cash for Clunkers program, but that isn't stopping some executives from trading in their aging luxury cars for fast new rides debuting this fall.
It's been a while since you've contemplated buying a new car. After all, the mere whiff of new-car scent just a few months ago could have resulted in your job, if not your head, landing on the chopping block. But while the good times are hardly back, it's safe enough to pull that 2003 luxury car out of the garage for one final drive down to the dealership, where a plethora of hot new cars is debuting.
Porsche goes sedan: For anyone who's ever tried to stuff their two children, grandma or best friend into the backseat of their 911 Carrera, Porsche (POAHY) debuts the all-new Panamera five-door sedan to the American market. With a limited production of 20,000 a year, Porsche is looking to satiate the demand for a sporty sedan that's traditionally been supplied by its BMW and Mercedes competitors and gives anyone with a family more than just the Cayenne SUV, currently Porsche's best-selling model, to choose from.
|The Porsche Panamera is the German sports car maker's first five-door family-hauler.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV