(Updated with stock price moves throughout.)
The Wall Street Journal reported Friday that Citi's Japanese private equity arm has resumed its effort to sell Bellsystem24, the country's largest call center company by market share. The first round of bidding for Bellsystem24, valued at $1.5 billion by Citi, will close on Sept. 1, the report said, citing a person familiar with the deal.
Citigroup shares were lately rising 29 cents to $4.77, bringing the five-day rally near 20%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV