Bristol-Myers Extends Cash Tender Offer
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Drugmaker Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. said Thursday it's extending its cash tender offer to buy up shares of biotech company Medarex Inc. until Aug. 26.
The tender offer originally was set to expire on Aug. 24. All other terms of the deal remain the same.
Bristol-Myers said in July it would pay $16 per share, or $2.1 billion, to acquire Princeton, N.J.-based Medarex. As of Thursday, less than 9 percent of Medarex's outstanding shares had been tendered.
The acquisition would give Bristol-Myers, the maker of blood thinner Plavix, access to drug candidates aimed at immunologic disorders.The Medarex board has recommended that stockholders tender their shares. Shares of Bristol-Myers added 6 cents to close at $22.25 Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV