School Specialty 1st-quarter Profit Drops 15 Pct
Although the second quarter will continue to show year-over-year decline, the rate of decline should improve in the second half of the fiscal year, he said.
The company also is exceeding its $20 million cost reduction goal, he said.
School Specialty said it still expects 2010 revenue to range from $915 million to $940 million and adjusted earnings per share are expected to range from $1.92 to $2.12, excluding one-time costs.
Analysts expect a profit of $1.84 per share.Shares rose 74 cents, or 3.3 percent, to $23.13 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV