Biotech Mailbag: Biocryst, Anadys, Allos, Amag
BOSTON, Mass. (TheStreet) -- The Biotech Stock Mailbag is back for its regular Friday installment. I hope you enjoyed the bonus edition Wednesday. And remember, I'm already on vacation as you read this, so no Mailbag next week, but please don't stop sending me your emails. I will get to them when I return -- relaxed, rested and hopefully a darker shade of pale (after a liberal application of SPF 50, of course).
"Gee Adam...here is more of the 'hype' you refer to. I guess several hundred million people with swine flu, and hundreds of thousands of deaths projected by the World Health Organization is just hype, as you put it. It would be really helpful if you could contact all these organizations and world experts and let them know that you have far more knowledge in this area, and they should just relax and not fall prey to the hype."
Attached to Paul's email, titled "BCRX, swine flu and the hype," was an article about H1N1 flu, which included a quote from the University of Michigan's Arnold Monto, an advisor to the CDC and a noted flu expert, predicting that upwards of 100 million Americans will catch swine flu, leaving anywhere from 30,000 to 90,000 people dead.I don't think I'm going out on a ledge here by assuming Paul own shares in Biocryst and believes the U.S. government, and foreign governments, too, will be buying Biocryst's injectable flu drug peramivir by the truckload in order to treat patients who might be hospitalized by the coming swine flu plague.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV