Pacer Closes Sale Of Assets To Universal Truckload
CONCORD, Calif. (AP) ¿ Logistics and transportation company Pacer International Inc. said Thursday that it closed the sale of certain assets from its specialized heavy-haul trucking operation to subsidiaries of Universal Truckload Services Inc.
Under the agreement, Universal Truckload subsidiaries assumed the property and equipment leases for tractors and trailers used in the operation-as well as various customer, agent and other contracts for about $2 million.
Pacer retained the rights to all receivables generated by the trucking operation through the closing date.
In midday trading, Pacer shares fell 10 cents, or 2.5 percent, to $3.86, while Universal Truckload shares dropped 5 cents to $17.40.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV