Shipper StealthGas 2Q Profit Falls 31 Percent
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ StealthGas Inc., a Greek ship owner serving the liquefied petroleum gas market, said Thursday its second-quarter profit fell 31 percent as ships had more idle days and lower charter rates.
The company said it earned $6.5 million, or 29 cents per share, in the quarter ended June 30, compared with $9.4 million or 42 cents per share, a year earlier.
The company said that excluding an $800,000 loss on sale of a ship, it would have earned $7.3 million, or 33 cents per share.
Analysts, who typically exclude one-time items from their forecasts, expected the company to earn 28 cents per share, according to a survey by Thomson Reuters.Revenue fell 5 percent to $27.1 million. Analysts expected $30.3 million. The company said it had a $500,000 cash loss and a $3.2 million unrealized non-cash gain on interest rate swap arrangements and foreign currency hedging deals. It had unrealized non-cash gains of $1.8 million a year ago. StealthGas said excluding non-cash gains from hedging transactions and the loss on the ship sale, it earned $4.1 million, or 18 cents per share, compared with $7.6 million, or 35 cents per share, a year ago. Voyage and operating expenses rose from a year ago due to increased spot voyage work in which the company is responsible for expenses including fuel, port and canal fees. Shares of StealthGas lost 1 cent to $4.94 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV