Dividend Stocks for the Week
By Fred Fuld SAN FRANCISCO (TheStreet) -- "When it comes to managing your own money, nothing is more important than making sure you've got enough dough to retire," says Jim Cramer, and stocks that pay dividends are his "secret weapon."
There are hundreds of portfolios at Stockpickr dedicated to dividend-paying stocks (to find them, just enter "dividend" in the search box). Some interesting examples include the High Beta Dividends portfolio, the Large-Cap Gold Stocks with Dividends portfolio and the Microcaps with Dividends portfolio. (To create your own portfolio, just sign up at Stockpickr.)
David Peltier, portfolio manager of the Dividend Stock Advisor, says investors should "focus on companies that are raising their dividends." With that in mind, every week Stockpickr reviews the recent dividend declarations and compiles a portfolio of dividend-increasers for the week.
To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.-- Written by Fred Fuld in San Francisco.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV