NetApp Could Give Tech a Pick-Me-Up
Seen as a rising star of the hardware sector, the company's high-growth profile has endeared it to analysts and investors alike.
"Demand appears to have stabilized and NetApp continues to focus on reducing costs and protecting margins," wrote Bill Choi, an analyst at Jefferies & Company, in a note released this week. "Recent run-up in [NetApp's] share price largely reflects these positive trends."NetApp's shares have climbed more than 60% this year, underlining the company's growing status in the tech space. Widely regarded as one of the hottest stocks in the vibrant storage space, NetApp has averaged 28% growth in the last five years, and has repeatedly been touted as M&A bait. Archrival EMC may have set the tone for NetApp's quarter, recently beating analysts' second-quarter estimates. The storage giant's sales increased more than 3% sequentially, raising hopes for NetApp at a time when investors are desperate for signs of a rebound. "Almost every large tech company has indicated that order trends are improving quarter-over-quarter and month-over-month," wrote Kaushik Roy, an analyst at Wedbush Morgan, in a recent note. "Revenues from Netapp's biggest Other Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) [partner] in Europe, Fujitsu, should be up materially quarter-over-quarter as things are settling down."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV