S&P Lowers Outlook For Koppers Holdings
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said Tuesday it cut its outlook on Koppers Holdings Inc. to "Stable" from "Positive" on weak second-quarter earnings.
Earlier this month the Pittsburgh-based maker of carbon compounds and commercial wood treatment products reported a 52 percent decline in quarterly earnings.
"The outlook revision reflects Koppers' weaker-than-expected operating performance in recent quarters and our expectation of continued challenging business conditions resulting from the global recession," said Standard & Poor's credit analyst Henry Fukuchi.
"We expect the current economic conditions to continue to dampen operating results, particularly within the carbon materials and chemicals segment in North America and Europe."He also said he expects the company's cash flow generation to weaken. In aftermarket trading, shares fell 1 cent to $26.59.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV