S&P Lowers Outlook For Koppers Holdings
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said Tuesday it cut its outlook on Koppers Holdings Inc. to "Stable" from "Positive" on weak second-quarter earnings.
Earlier this month the Pittsburgh-based maker of carbon compounds and commercial wood treatment products reported a 52 percent decline in quarterly earnings.
"The outlook revision reflects Koppers' weaker-than-expected operating performance in recent quarters and our expectation of continued challenging business conditions resulting from the global recession," said Standard & Poor's credit analyst Henry Fukuchi.
"We expect the current economic conditions to continue to dampen operating results, particularly within the carbon materials and chemicals segment in North America and Europe."He also said he expects the company's cash flow generation to weaken. In aftermarket trading, shares fell 1 cent to $26.59.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV