Apple's iTunes Beatlemania: Tech Rumor of the Day
CUPERTINO, Calif. ( TheStreet -- The Apple (AAPL) rumor mill is spinning again. The consumer tech giant is said to be planning one of its keynote events for Sept. 9, and speculation is mounting that the firm will make a major music announcement.
The AllThingsDigital Web site quoted "multiple music industry sources" who said that Apple was planning an event for the week of Sept 7. Apple has often used the week following Labor Day to make major launches so this would not be unusual. Last year, for example, Apple unveiled its new iPod nano and iPod touch on Sept. 9, as well as iTunes version 8.
Intriguingly, Sept. 9 is also the launch date for "The Beatles: Rock Band" video game, and there is growing speculation that Apple will unveil the Fab Four's iTunes catalog on the same day.
The Beatles' music is not yet available for digital download, but would certainly give Apple's iTunes business a shot in the arm. Apple reach the 8 billion mark for iTunes downloads earlier this year, although the Cupertino, Calif.-based company is not one to sit on its hands when it comes to a new revenue opportunity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV