Movers Roundup: Palm, Research In Motion
Among the stock activity stories for Tuesday, Aug. 18, from AP Financial News:
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Palm Inc. shares climbed Tuesday after RBC Capital Markets hiked its price target for the stock, saying Palm has the "special sauce" necessary to help lead the smart phone market.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Blackberry maker Research in Motion Ltd. rose Tuesday as an RBC Capital Markets predicted wider use of smart phones in the coming years.
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) ¿ Shares of First Marblehead Corp. fell Tuesday after the company reported a fiscal fourth-quarter loss, and an analyst expressed concern over future loan losses.NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Trina Solar Ltd. jumped on Tuesday, a day after the solar power company posted rising second-quarter profits. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ A recent pullback in International Game Technology's share price provides a good buying opportunity for investors, a JPMorgan analyst said Tuesday as he upgraded the slot machine and casino management systems maker.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV