Movers Roundup: Palm, Research In Motion
Among the stock activity stories for Tuesday, Aug. 18, from AP Financial News:
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Palm Inc. shares climbed Tuesday after RBC Capital Markets hiked its price target for the stock, saying Palm has the "special sauce" necessary to help lead the smart phone market.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Blackberry maker Research in Motion Ltd. rose Tuesday as an RBC Capital Markets predicted wider use of smart phones in the coming years.
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) ¿ Shares of First Marblehead Corp. fell Tuesday after the company reported a fiscal fourth-quarter loss, and an analyst expressed concern over future loan losses.NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Trina Solar Ltd. jumped on Tuesday, a day after the solar power company posted rising second-quarter profits. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ A recent pullback in International Game Technology's share price provides a good buying opportunity for investors, a JPMorgan analyst said Tuesday as he upgraded the slot machine and casino management systems maker.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV