Fairfax Financial Holdings Completes Offering
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. on Tuesday said it completed an offering of 400 million Canadian dollars ($361.7 million) in 7.5 percent senior notes, due Aug. 19, 2019.
Proceeds from the offering ¿ around $394.9 million Canadian dollars ($358.1 million) ¿ were offered through dealers led by BMO Capital Markets.
The company said proceeds will be used to pay down debt and for general corporate purposes.
The stock declined $1.89 to $332.49 in midday trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV