Pulte Homes Lobbied On Stimulus, Taxes In 2Q
WASHINGTON (AP) ¿ Pulte Homes Inc. lobbied on taxes and issues related to the economic stimulus in the second quarter, according to recent disclosure reports.
For the April-June period, the Bloomfield Hills, Mich.-based homebuilder lobbied the federal government on a homebuyer tax credit, Federal Housing Administration and government-sponsored enterprises reform, and other matters.
The filings from last month don't indicate a precise amount spent by Pulte. The company did not provide an exact amount.
Pulte and Centex Corp. are forming the nation's largest homebuilder after both builders' shareholders approved Pulte's takeover of Centex on Tuesday. The acquisition is valued at around $1.53 billion based on Pulte's stock price Tuesday afternoon.Robert Van Heuvelen and Anissa Rogness, who used to work for Sen. Kent Conrad, D-N.D., were among those registered to lobby for Pulte. Conrad is chairman of the Senate Budget Committee.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV