TechTarget Loses $543K In Second Quarter
NEEDHAM, Mass. (AP) ¿ TechTarget Inc. said Monday that it lost $543,000 in the second quarter as sales fell.
For the three months that ended June 30, the company that sells marketing services and products to information technology firms, had a net loss that equated to a penny per share. That compares with a year-ago net profit of $1.05 million.
Revenue for the period slid 21 percent, to $21.7 million, down from $27.6 million last year.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected the company's revenue to be $22 million.Also Monday, the company restated its first quarter results, and said its loss for that period widened. For the three months that ended March 31, the company said it lost $2.3 million, or 6 cents per share. That compares with a previous first-quarter loss of $436,000, or a penny per share. Revenue slid 21 percent to $18.5 million, down from $23.3 million. Analysts expected the company to break even during the period of revenue of $18.1 million. Chairman and CEO Greg Strakosch said the restatement involved the timing of its recognizing revenue. Also Monday, TechTarget said it expected to lose between $700,000 and $230,000 in the third quarter. It expects revenue between $21.7 million and $22.7 million for the three months that end Sept. 30. TechTarget shares fell 6 cents, or 1 percent, to $5.65 in trading Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV