Recalls This Week: Toys Sets, Chargers, Generators
The Associated Press
Toys with plastic nails that can present a choking hazard top the list of this week's recalls. Some 1.6 million toy workshops and trucks are being recalled after one of the nails lodged in the throat of an 11-month-old boy who recovered. Other major recalls for the week include battery recharging stations that can overheat, and gasoline-driven generators that can present a fire hazard.
Here's a list of items manufacturers recalled this week:
PRODUCT: Toy tool workshop sets and toy trucks with tools manufactured in the U.S. and China by Little Tikes Co. of Hudson, Ohio. Five types of sets involved in the recall were sold on the Little Tikes Web site and by retailers nationwide, including Toys "R'' Us, beginning as early as 1994 for one toy set and ending as recently as June 2009 for another.HOW MANY: About 1.6 million WHY: The recalled workshop sets and trucks have oversized, plastic toy nails that can pose a choking hazard to young children. The oversized red and blue nails are about 3 1/4 inches long. An 11-month old boy from Goose Creek, S.C. choked when a nail became lodged in his throat. He was hospitalized and fully recovered.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV