Between nuclear power, solar power, natural gas replacing coal-fired power plants and gasoline and heating oil, our asthma rates and other respiratory illness rates should decrease dramatically, and we should see a huge reduction in smog.
4. Natural gas costs much less per mile than gasoline does. I suggest that the federal government impose an equalization tax on natural gas used as a vehicle fuel to fund the maintenance of infrastructure and the creation of new infrastructure. I would like to see the construction of several high-speed railways. In addition, we should use some of the infrastructure money to fund basic research in alternative fuels.
Here are my proposed high speed rail routes:
- Boston to Miami
- New York to Chicago to Los Angeles
- San Diego to Seattle
- San Antonio to Chicago
- Jacksonville to San Diego
5. After we have developed a smart grid for electric power and switched to cleaner sources of energy, we could start to dismantle some of our hydroelectric dams that have had unintended negative environmental consequences.6. The last part of my plan is a real shocker. I suggest that we use our now obsolete refineries to export heating oil and gasoline to the rest of the world and to become a net exporter of petroleum products including crude oil. This will help with our trade deficit and our current account deficit. In closing, I want to say that all of the above is possible. The plan will result in better air quality and tens of millions of new good jobs that will last for several generations. The jobs cannot be outsourced. The plan will solve our angst over the illegal aliens and future immigration as well. The U.S. will emerge in 10 years as again the most powerful country on earth economically and militarily. We will have fixed America together, and we will be healthy, wealthy and wise together. One last thing, I would abandon new wind power. Wind mills kill birds and are unsightly; they make noise and require lots of maintenance; and they are located in remote areas, which requires unsightly transmission lines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV