5. The Pelosi/Obama team wants to let the Bush tax cuts expire to help balance the budget while they spend more and more money. Many economists agree that increasing taxes during a severe recession is a bad thing and will lead to lower economic growth.
6. President Obama wants to grant amnesty to 12 million to 20 million illegal residents of the U.S. as soon as possible without regard to the jobs depression or anything else that might be happening. The granting of amnesty will certainly lead to a huge increase in the number of people officially unemployed and will put downward pressure on wages for many Americans. I think we can grant amnesty to people who can speak, write and read English, and maintain wages if we put my plan into effect as stated below.
8. We should end our wasteful ethanol subsidy program and allow Brazilian ethanol, which is made from sugar, enter the U.S. without a massive tax. Ethanol made from sugar is economically feasible while ethanol made from corn is not, and the program drives up food prices. In addition, because corn ethanol subsidies at the state and federal government levels, a lot of farmland is coming out of the land bank to be planted in corn. We might cause another Dust Bowl if we keep taking land out of the land bank and planting corn post to post. We could use the ethanol issue with Brazil to allow our products into Brazil without tariffs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV