We give Omega a financial-strength score of 5.6 out of 10, higher than our REIT average of 3.3. Another financially stable trust with a health-care focus is National Health Investors (NHI), which we rate "buy" and award a lofty financial-strength score of 9.5 out of 10.
Some analysts have become bearish on REITs due to fears about commercial real estate vacancies and defaults. Although concern is justified, the aforementioned stocks offer exposure to the more secure and growth-poised health-care sector.
-- Reported by Jake Lynch in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV