Apple's talks with potential Chinese carriers have snagged on disagreements about how to share revenue, according to Chinese news reports.
Apple, based in Cupertino, Calif., reported last month that the sales of the popular iPhone helped to boost its latest quarterly earnings by 15% to $1.2 billion despite the U.S. economic slowdown.
An iPhone deal could help Unicom compete with giant China Mobile (CHL), which dominates the mobile market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV