Heelys Takes Deeper 2Q Loss On Settlement Costs
DALLAS (AP) ¿ Heelys Inc., which makes sneakers with wheels in the heel, reported a wider second-quarter loss on Thursday, citing costs from a legal settlement.
Heelys said it lost $1.6 million, or 6 cents per share, down from $394,000, or a penny per share, a year earlier. Revenue sank 32 percent to $12.4 million from $18.2 million. The results included $3.1 million in expenses for a proposed settlement of claims stemming from Heelys initial public offering in December 2006.
If the settlements are accepted, Heelys said most of the costs will be covered by its insurance policies.
In aftermarket trading, shares of Heelys picked up 4 cents, or 2 percent, to $2.05. The stock lost 9 cents in the regular session to close at $2.01.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV