Heelys Takes Deeper 2Q Loss On Settlement Costs
DALLAS (AP) ¿ Heelys Inc., which makes sneakers with wheels in the heel, reported a wider second-quarter loss on Thursday, citing costs from a legal settlement.
Heelys said it lost $1.6 million, or 6 cents per share, down from $394,000, or a penny per share, a year earlier. Revenue sank 32 percent to $12.4 million from $18.2 million. The results included $3.1 million in expenses for a proposed settlement of claims stemming from Heelys initial public offering in December 2006.
If the settlements are accepted, Heelys said most of the costs will be covered by its insurance policies.
In aftermarket trading, shares of Heelys picked up 4 cents, or 2 percent, to $2.05. The stock lost 9 cents in the regular session to close at $2.01.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV