Sifco Appoints Lipscomb Interim CEO
CLEVELAND (AP) ¿ Metalworking products and services company Sifco Industries Inc. said Thursday it appointed Michael S. Lipscomb as interim chief executive, effective Aug. 31.
Lipscomb, 63, will succeed Jeffrey P. Gotschall, who is retiring from the position.
A former Sifco director, Lipscomb previously served as chairman and CEO of Argo-TechCorporation, an aerospace industry supplier. He owns a small aerospace business in Cleveland and a liquid natural gas pump manufacturing firm in California.
In a statement, Lipscomb said he expects to serve in the interim position for one to two years."My top priority in the coming months will be to work with the board and Sifco's talented management team to determine the best long-term strategy for its three businesses," he said. "As we crystallize the strategy for a very strong future, we will also identify the leadership qualities that will be requisite in the next CEO who will drive that strategy forward." Gotschall, 61, will remain employed by Sifco and will serve as non-executive chairman of the board. The company said he will be available to support the company's management team and head its foundation. Shares of Sifco rose 11 cents to $10.97 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV