Mastech Holdings 2nd-quarter Profit Sinks 77 Pct
PITTSBURGH (AP) ¿ Mastech Holdings Inc. reported Thursday that its profit dropped nearly 77 percent in the second quarter on weak revenue.
The information technology consulting company said it earned $256,000, or 7 cents per share for the quarter ended June 30, down from $1.1 million, or 30 cents per share, earned last year.
The company also suffered by comparison to the prior quarter, which had a 7-cent-per-share benefit from income tax benefits.
Revenue fell 28 percent to $17.7 million from $24.4 million in the prior year.Mastech CEO Thomas Moran said the company is seeing signs of market stabilization from the first quarter and the company is focused on high-margin business and market opportunities, including possible acquisitions, as it moves forward. Shares of Mastech fell 24 cents, or 5.9 percent, to $3.81 in afternoon trading. The stock has traded between $1 and $9.75 over the past 12 months, and is up 70 percent since the start of the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV