Mastech Holdings 2nd-quarter Profit Sinks 77 Pct
PITTSBURGH (AP) ¿ Mastech Holdings Inc. reported Thursday that its profit dropped nearly 77 percent in the second quarter on weak revenue.
The information technology consulting company said it earned $256,000, or 7 cents per share for the quarter ended June 30, down from $1.1 million, or 30 cents per share, earned last year.
The company also suffered by comparison to the prior quarter, which had a 7-cent-per-share benefit from income tax benefits.
Revenue fell 28 percent to $17.7 million from $24.4 million in the prior year.Mastech CEO Thomas Moran said the company is seeing signs of market stabilization from the first quarter and the company is focused on high-margin business and market opportunities, including possible acquisitions, as it moves forward. Shares of Mastech fell 24 cents, or 5.9 percent, to $3.81 in afternoon trading. The stock has traded between $1 and $9.75 over the past 12 months, and is up 70 percent since the start of the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV