Healthcare Realty Rises On Upgrade To 'Outperform'
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Healthcare Realty Trust Inc. rose Wednesday after an analyst upgraded the stock due to strong second-quarter results and the company's refinancing plan.
Morgan Keegan analyst Robert Mains raised his rating to "Outperform" from "Market Perform." He cited Healthcare Realty Trust's funds from operations in the second quarter, and said the company is refinancing its credit facility at a lower cost than he expected. Those two factors make the stock undervalued compared to equity and health care real estate investment trusts, he said.
Shares of the Nashville, Tenn., company added 94 cents, or 4.5 percent, to $21.90 in midday trading.
Monday afternoon, Healthcare Realty Trust said funds from operations in the second quarter totaled 44 cents per share, well ahead of the 38 cents per share analysts were expecting. Funds from operations is a measurement of real estate operating performance that adds items like depreciation and amortization back to net income."The key driver was considerably better managed properties net operating income as revenues and margins were both higher than we had expected," Mains said. He said he had been uncertain about the terms of the company's refinancing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV