Healthcare Realty Rises On Upgrade To 'Outperform'
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Healthcare Realty Trust Inc. rose Wednesday after an analyst upgraded the stock due to strong second-quarter results and the company's refinancing plan.
Morgan Keegan analyst Robert Mains raised his rating to "Outperform" from "Market Perform." He cited Healthcare Realty Trust's funds from operations in the second quarter, and said the company is refinancing its credit facility at a lower cost than he expected. Those two factors make the stock undervalued compared to equity and health care real estate investment trusts, he said.
Shares of the Nashville, Tenn., company added 94 cents, or 4.5 percent, to $21.90 in midday trading.
Monday afternoon, Healthcare Realty Trust said funds from operations in the second quarter totaled 44 cents per share, well ahead of the 38 cents per share analysts were expecting. Funds from operations is a measurement of real estate operating performance that adds items like depreciation and amortization back to net income."The key driver was considerably better managed properties net operating income as revenues and margins were both higher than we had expected," Mains said. He said he had been uncertain about the terms of the company's refinancing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV