Earnings Roundup: Gencor, Harbin Electric
Among the earnings stories for Tuesday, Aug. 11, from AP Financial News:
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) ¿ Heavy machinery maker Gencor Industries Inc. reported a third-quarter loss on Tuesday as the roadbuilding industry suffers in the recession.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Harbin Electric Inc. said Tuesday that it moved to a second-quarter loss mostly due to a hefty charge, but adjusted results topped analysts' estimates.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Canadian drug developer Cardiome Pharma Corp. said Tuesday it posted a narrower loss in the second quarter on a payment from drug development partner Merck & Co.NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Matrixx Initiatives Inc., which makes over-the-counter health care products, fell Tuesday, after the company reported wider fiscal first-quarter loss because of hefty charges for its recalled nasal cold remedies. LADSON, S.C. (AP) ¿ Force Protection Inc. shares plunged Tuesday after the maker of military vehicles reported a sharply lower second-quarter profit on a decline in revenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV