Earnings Roundup: Clearwire, Celadon
Among the earnings stories for Tuesday, Aug. 11, from AP Financial News:
KIRKLAND, Wash. (AP) ¿ Wireless broadband service provider Clearwire Corp. said its second-quarter loss shrank as its revenue grew and it added subscribers.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) ¿ Celadon Group Inc. reported that its fiscal fourth-quarter profit dropped 92 percent as the weak economy continued to drag down its freight business.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (AP) ¿ VIVUS Inc. said it took a loss in the second quarter, as license revenue decreased and the company spent more money to develop avanafil, a drug designed to treat erectile dysfunction.SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) ¿ Applied Materials Inc., which makes equipment used to produce semiconductors, said it slid to a fiscal third-quarter loss, reversing a year-ago profit, as revenue plunged 39 percent. But the results still beat Wall Street expectations, sending shares up 3 percent in after-hours trading. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Nelnet Inc. fell after the student lender posted a decline in its second-quarter profit, hurt by restructuring charges and other items. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ WSP Holdings, a Chinese maker of oil drilling equipment, said its second-quarter profit fell by 62 percent as crude prices sank and petroleum companies cut back on exploration operations. BOSTON (AP) ¿ Shares of Parexel International Corp. dropped after the pharmaceutical services company said its fiscal 2009 fourth-quarter profit plunged on lower revenue and accounting charges, while giving a weaker-than-expected outlook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV