Movers Roundup: Brigham Exploration, Symmetricom
Among the stock activity stories for Wednesday, Aug. 12, from AP Financial News:
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) ¿ Shares of Brigham Exploration jumped for a second consecutive day after an analyst affirmed his "Strong Buy" rating for the oil and gas company and said shares still could move higher on the strength of the company's recent discoveries in North Dakota.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Symmetricom Inc. shares tumbled, hurt by fiscal fourth-quarter results and a forecast that fell below Wall Street expectations.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Healthcare Realty Trust Inc. rose after an analyst upgraded the stock due to strong second-quarter results and the company's refinancing plan.HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) ¿ Shares of Bucyrus International Inc. jumped as an analyst said the mining equipment maker will likely benefit from improving orders this year in coal and oil production. COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) ¿ Shares of FMC Corp. rose after Standard & Poor's said it will add the chemical maker to its S&P 500 stock index. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Columbia Sportswear Co.'s conservative full-year outlook and underperforming stock prompted a Goldman Sachs analyst to boost her rating and price target on the outdoor clothing company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV