Middleby 2Q Profit Declines With Sales
ELGIN, Ill. (AP) ¿ Middleby Corp., a maker of foodservice equipment with brands TurboChef and Toastmaster, on Thursday said it earned a lower second-quarter profit as sales declined.
Profit declined to $13.7 million, or 74 cents per share, from $17.1 million, or 99 cents per share, a year ago.
Sales slipped 9 percent to $158.6 million from $173.5 million last year.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected earnings of 87 cents per share and revenue of $170.2 million."We anticipate that the business environment may continue to be challenging for the remainder of the year," Chief Executive Selim A. Bassoul said in a statement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV