My Sumichrast Stock Picks need some recalibration.
The group has beaten the S&P 500. But as I reported in my April 16 article, the old-fashioned "buy and hold" strategy no longer works. That said, here's what I would do with the current Sumichrast Stock Picks:
Pulte Homes (PHM): It's up over 11% since I first recommended it at $10.20 in February. Home building is still in the cellar and a revival is far off, but Pulte probably will be one of the first to rebound. Hold it if you own it or watch it if you don't, and if it dips below $10, buy.
Equity Residential (EQR): After I first recommended it in February at $20.85, it's risen over 15%. Despite the dividend cut and lower second-quarter profit, I would hold this apartment owner, but if it moves higher, I would sell at a limit of $26.BRE Properties (BRE): It's up a healthy 9% since I recommended it at $21.71 in February. It's had good results for second quarter, and I would hold for now. General Electric (GE): I recommended it at $11.62 in February, and it's over $13.75 now. It looks like GE Capital may be stabilized, which is a big sigh of relief. And, with the return of the overall economy, expect GE to recover nicely. I would buy more if it dips under $13. Yingli Green Energy (YGE): It's up over 239% since I first recommended it in March, so sell enough to get your money out and hold the balance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV