Bullish on Citigroup
In his "Eureka Moment" segment, Cramer said the sellers of Citigroup (C) are in the wrong.
Cramer acknowledged that Citigroup has issues with mortgage and credit card risk, along with every other bank, and that the government's 34% stake in the company, along with FDIC chairman Sheila Bair's relentless attacks on the company, are indeed worrisome.
But Cramer believes the government will be selling its stake as quickly as possible after Sept/ 10, the first day its allowed to sell. He said once the government exits, things will be looking up for Citi, and that's why he remains bullish on the stock.
Lightning RoundCramer was bullish on Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Bunge (BG), Time Warner (TWX) and Bank of America (BAC). He was bearish on Tenneco (TEN), Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM), News Corporation (NWS), Allegheny Technologies (ATI) and Harman International (HAR). -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington Check out the latest edition of "Cramer's Take on Top-Searched Stocks" on Stockpickr. Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing from his latest book by clicking here. For more of Cramer's insights during the Lightning Round, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV