TheStreet.com Ratings provides exclusive stock, ETF and mutual fund recommendations using proprietary tools. Our "safety first" approach aims to reduce risk while achieving total return performance.
BOSTON (TheStreet) -- The following companies have annual revenue above $500 million, below-average valuations, debt that is less than 49% of total capital and receive "buy" ratings from our proprietary quantitative model, which considers more than 60 factors. They are ordered by their potential to appreciate.
Church & Dwight (CHD) sells household products, including Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and Brillo Pads.
The numbers: Second-quarter net income increased 27% to $58 million and earnings per share climbed 23% to 88 cents, restrained by a higher share count, as revenue jumped 5% to $623 million. The operating margin ascended from 14% to 16% and the net margin advanced past 9%. A quick ratio of 1.2 demonstrates ample liquidity and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.5 indicates conservative leverage.The stock: Church & Dwight is up 2% in 2009, underperforming the Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 Index. The stock trades at an expensive price-to-earnings ratio of 19 and offers a dividend yield below 1%. The company's record of consistent earnings growth, regardless of economic conditions, makes it an attractive investment. Sykes (SYKE) provides customer-contact-services. The numbers: Second-quarter earnings dropped 19% to $14 million, or 35 cents a share, as revenue increased marginally to $209 million. The operating margin rose from 8% to 9%, but the net margin declined from 9% to 7%. Sykes has an outstanding financial position, with zero debt and ample cash reserves. We give the company a financial strength score of 8 out of 10. The stock: Sykes has advanced 10% in 2009, beating the Dow and S&P 500. The stock trades at an attractive price-to-earnings ratio of 15, but doesn't pay dividends.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV