Kass: A Summary of My Bearishness
This blog post originally appeared on RealMoney Silver on Aug. 10 at 7:40 a.m. EDT.
Let me summarize my market thoughts, as expressed on RealMoney Silver over the past two weeks.
As I see it, the bull market argument is that the U.S. is exiting the recession just like the many that preceded the current one. Consequently, corporate profits will exceed consensus forecasts in tandem with:
- the resumption of revenue growth;
- the record fiscal and monetary stimulation;
- an export-led Asian recovery; and
- the operating leverage associated with productivity gains achieved through draconian cost cuts and influenced by the benefits of wage deflation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV