In the choice between fashion veterans and Hollywood, Kohl's (KSS) of Menomonee Falls, Wis., is banking on the latter for fall.
New York-based Iconix Brand Group (ICON) is selling a fashion line under its Candies brand at Kohl's with pop singer Britney Spears serving as spokeswoman. Reality-TV star Lauren Conrad, best known from her work on MTV's "The Hills," is creating a collection of California-inspired clothes that will be sold exclusively at the chain.
Minneapolis-based Target was one of the first national retailers to recognize the power of a recognizable fashion name. Following a hugely successful collection by Alexander McQueen that sold out within hours at select stores earlier this year, the discount chain will roll out designs by Anna Sui.
The bold prints and bright colors of this American designer's clothing have become a staple of the Soho fashion and rock scene, worn by celebrities like filmmaker Sofia Coppola and model Naomi Campbell. She will bring her glamorously funky dresses, knits and accessories to Target on Sept. 13.-- Reported by Michael Martin of JetSetReport.com in Los Angeles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV