NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The markets finished in the red Wednesday following a gloomy jobs report.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 39.22, or 0.42%, to 9280.97, and the S&P 500 dropped 2.93, or 0.29%, to 1002.72. The Nasdaq declined 18.26, or 0.91%, to 1993.05.
The recent market euphoria was dispelled by a report from the ADP and Macroeconomic Advisors that 371,000 private-sector jobs were eliminated in July.
Melissa Lee, the moderator of CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show, started the broadcast with some late breaking earnings news on Cisco (CSCO).
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV