During the quarter, the company earned $85.1 million, or 68 cents a share, compared with a loss of $150.1 million, or $1.21 a share, in the year prior.
But revenue was nearly halved to $574 million from $1.13 billion last year.
Shares of the company closed up 4% to $11.32, but lost steam in after-market trading, falling 1%.Earlier today the Commerce Department said construction spending increased 0.3% in June, surpassing analysts' forecast. Pulte Homes (PHM) is also set to report its earnings today. -- Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV