NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When it comes to determining which way the market is headed, Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show that "China is in charge."
He said that China is the prism through which all of your market decisions must be made, and it just so happens that China has just created a huge opportunity in the fertilizer sector.Cramer said when it comes to commodities like steel and copper, corn and fertilizer, the U.S. is no longer in control. It's China that decides whether these commodities go higher or lower. It wasn't too long ago, he said, that China used 10% of the world's copper, while the U.S. used 30%. Today, that number is reversed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV