Its acquisition of Harleysville National (HNBC) "is the kind of thing that you do when you're about to become more of a super regional," he said.
Masco (MAS) is "very exciting," Cramer said. "Housing is coming back. We know that the media doesn't want to admit it, but everyone else is willing to, including the people who work at Masco."
As for health care reform, Cramer said that senators have been "coming out and saying that the public option for health maintenance organizations ... is dead," which explains the runs in United Health (UNH), Aetna (AET) and WellPoint (WLP). Even Tenet (THC) had a "great quarter.""These stocks act absolutely terrifically, and it's because the Senate is going to kill what was ever going to ail these guys," said Cramer. --Rebecca Corvino is based in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV