Pulte's (PHM) deal to buy Centex will close in August, which will be "monumental." He said the "whole group's been on a tear," but with the catalyst of the closing of the Pulte deal, Centex is where he'd put his money.
Cramer called Capital One (COF) "a battleground" and advised viewers that, after its "big leap back to $30," it would likely pull back "before it has its next one."
Cramer said that recent acquisitions -- including Bristol-Myers' (BMY), Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) and First Niagara's (FNFG) -- "are very good." "I think that people should start recognizing that when your stock goes up after a deal, when people see this, it bring more and more mergers," he said.Cramer said that had Eaton (ETN) reported today, "I think it would've barely gone up." He said the stock is now "very overbought" and recommended waiting for a pullback to buy. "Eaton has been one of my favorites for a long time," he said, but "not up here. I don't want to buy it in the $50s." --Rebecca Corvino writes from New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV