Chip Equipment: U-Shaped Move
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The semiconductor-equipment market's recovery, which we pointed out last week appears to have begun, will exhibit a U-shaped trend, based on proprietary leading indicators.
Our proprietary leading indicators, which determine inflection points in economic activity and which we utilize to show turning points in semiconductor-equipment sales, have turned positive for the past three months and are exhibiting U-shaped growth so far.
Based on past cycles, there is a corresponding shape to the semiconductor-equipment market, so we postulate that the growth will also exhibit a U shaped behavior.
For 2009, we forecast that the semiconductor equipment market will drop 46%. Most importantly, based again on our proprietary leading indicators, growth will continue through 2012, increasing 20% in 2010 and 49% in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV