NEW YORK (TheStreet) - The markets eked out gains Monday as they digested some more earnings and encouraging news on new home sales.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average added 15.27, or 0.17%, to 9108.51, while the S&P 500 was up 2.92, or 0.30%, to 982.18. The Nasdaq rose 1.93, or 0.10%, to 1967.89.
Michelle Caruso- Cabrera, the moderator for CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show, said the markets reversed themselves 10 minutes before the end of the trading session.
Joe Terranova said the markets had an ecouraging start with some decent home sales numbers only to falter from a low volume day that left traders scrambling for cover toward the end of the session.For a breakout of some stocks recently mentioned in the "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV