Radware, which recently bought Nortel's (NT) Alteon switch business, reported revenue of $27.1 million, up from $24 million in the same period last year, and above analysts' estimate of $25.11 million.
Excluding charges, Radware earned 4 cents a share on net income of $800,000, compared to a net loss of 25 cents a share and $5 million in the same period last year. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected a loss of 4 cents a share.
"This is an indicator of the strength of our company's execution during a difficult economic climate, and, with the addition of the Alteon business, we further believe we have a solid platform for continued growth," said Radware CEO Roy Zisapel in a statement.On a GAAP basis Radware posted a net loss of 9 cents a share on a loss of $1.7 million, although this narrowed significantly from losses of 36 cents a share and $7.1 million in the same period last year. Radware makes application delivery and network security products, and is one of a number of firms touting technology for tackling potentially debilitating cyber attacks. The Tel Aviv, Israel-based firm, which competes with Cisco (CSCO) , Citrix (CTXS) and F5 Networks (FFIV) , ended the first quarter with overall cash of $114.7 million, up $600,000 from the prior quarter. "We expect higher and better results next quarter," said Zisapel, during a conference call before the marked opened. The networking firm expects sales between $27.3 million and $27.7 million and earnings between 5 cents and 6 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected revenue of $25.86 million and a loss of 1 cent a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV