Poll: The Best (and Worst) Owners in Sports
With the Cubs nearing a change of ownership, a thought occurred to us here at TheStreet: Fans have one definition of quality management; investors another. One prizes championships, the other ROI.
And although team owners will say publicly that the two must overlap, realists will argue that that's as empty as a coach's soundbites; if you want them to compete for titles, pro sports teams remain trophy-holding money sinks.
With this in mind, what would a list of the best and worst owners in sports look like?
And if you were to pull a massive 10-bagger and find yourself flush with billions in buyout funds, which team would you buy?Take our poll and speak your mind.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV